What documents will I need at the airport for my children and/or infant?
Prior to any travel that includes a child, you should contact the embassy or consulate of all countries the child will be visiting to inquire about entry requirements.
The following documents may be required to support the entry of a child to another country:
- Birth certificates showing the names of both parents.
- Any legal documents pertaining to custody.
- A parental consent letter:
- If the child is traveling with one parent, the consent letter authorizing travel must be signed and dated by the other parent.
- If the child is traveling alone or without either parent, the consent letter authorizing travel must be signed and dated by both parents.
- A death certificate, if one of the parents is deceased.